Free iOS App: Atom-Builder
Slate and Tablets is back with Atom-Builder, an exciting game designed to teach students the skills they need to count protons, neutrons, and electrons in an atom. For the first time ever in the classroom, leverage the powerful Gamecenter to challenge students with our leaderboard and achievements. Use it in your course as homework or a worksheet for atomic structure and particle counting!
Warning – app may cause addiction to chemistry class.
– Learn without the clock in practice mode, where you can Tweet atoms you build directly from the app.
– Race the clock to score as many points as you can! Earn extra points for combos, but be careful as the game gets harder when you score higher!
– Tweet your accomplishments and high scores when you achieve atomic greatness!
– Compete for the first time in the classroom through Gamecenter, by earning achievements and sharing them with your friends.
– Teachers: Assign Atom Builder for homework or classwork, and students can email a screenshot of their high score!
*Please note that this app uses an analytics tool to anonymously collect game session information so that we can make our product the best it can be.
**Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
***Gamecenter participation requires an associated and registered account.