Free iOS App Today: Grandma Loves Bugs
Grandma Loves Bugs is on sale for FREE to celebrate Halloween!
Learn all about bugs with Grandma! This adventurous Grandma needs help identifying bugs, coloring butterflies, catching fireflies, spelling buggy words, matching letters on bees and flowers, building a spider web, and even finding a bug in her hair! Includes 10 mini-games and 8 instructional videos for ages 5 and under.
Parents, teachers, and kids are raving about Grandma Loves Bugs. Find out why!
TEN ACTION-PACKED MINI-GAMES!
1. Spot the Difference. One of those bugs is missing antennae… can you spot the one that is different?
2. Magic Coloring. Oops! That’s not the right color! Can you color it?
3. Letter Match. Send the bee to the right flower by matching upper and lower case letters.
4. Bug Spelling. Can you spell the word “wings”? Start with the first letter in the word!
5. Counting Fireflies. Can you put 8 fireflies into the jar? Be quick, they’re fast!
6. Number Groups. Which jar has 5 bugs?
7. Identify Bugs. Which one is the grasshopper?
8. Feed Baby Bird. Catch the bugs from mama’s beak to feed the baby bird!
9. Bug Matching. Touch a leaf to see what’s behind it. Can you match the bugs?
10. Build a Spider Web. Build a web and then test to see how many flies it will catch!
+ Ten educational mini-games.
+ Eight narrated videos of real bugs in nature.
+ Fun interactive add-ins: find bug on Grandma, caterpillar eats leaves, bug under magnifying glass.
+ Colorful graphics, professional-quality music, sound effects, and voices.
+ Dancing, animated Grandma!
+ Adult can select which mini-games are active.
+ Developed by an Educational Psychologist and parents. Tested by children.
+ Nature awareness (e.g. bug identification, bug anatomy, bug behavior, bugs as food for birds)
+ Colors: orange, brown, red, green, yellow, black, blue, pink
+ Numbers (counting, quantities, numeral recognition): 1-10
+ Observation skills (spot the difference)
+ Letters: upper and lower case letters A-Z
+ Memory: reveal bugs behind leaves and match each pair from memory
+ Problem solving: build a spider web that will catch all 10 flies
+ Vocabulary: butterfly, snail, spider, worm, ladybug, beetle, firefly, grasshopper, mosquito, dragonfly, moth, bumblebee, praying mantis, wasp, honeycomb, magnifying glass, ant, flea, tick, web, hive, shell, leaf, antenna, soil, abdomen, segments, and many other nature words.