Policies and Guidelines
Policies and Guidelines for Partner Participation
Invitations and Applications
- Prior invitation or participation is not a guarantee of future invitations or right to participate.
- UCET reserves the right to withdraw an invitation or to reject a partner’s application for participation in UCET event.
- Only partners who have an authorized table(s)/booth and have registered as a partner for the specific event are allowed in the Partner areas.
- Table/booth/display area assignments are made based on partner level and date of payment. Booths will be selected in a first come, first served order. Platinum sponsors will select their booth area first with Gold being second. Silver partners will be assigned by UCET’s Partner Liaison.
- Display areas must be ordered of a sufficient size to accommodate a partner’s display.
- Displays must be setup and torn down during the scheduled times.
- Each display area/table/booth comes with admittance to the conference and partner areas for two (silver level), six (gold level), or max of ten (platinum level) partner representatives.
- Two representatives from each organization/company will be allowed at the Silver Level. At Gold level, six representatives are allowed. There is a ten person maximum for Platinum level.
- Additional partner representatives will be accepted if paid in advance. The charge for additional personnel beyond the allowed number is negotiable depending on level.
- It is the responsibility of each Partner Company Point of Contact to submit to the UCET Partner Liaison an accurate partner representative name list at least two weeks prior to the event. Only persons with the proper UCET-issued credentials are allowed to attend events.
- If a partner wishes to present, the partner must apply by the deadline for presenters. The deadline for UCET 2022 is to be determined. The partner must also pay the partner registration fee by the presentation deadline. Please visit: ucet.org/presenters for all the details.
- Partners are welcome to sponsor UCET activities throughout the conference. Arrangements for sponsorship must be made through the UCET Partner Liaison.
- Sponsorship will be acknowledged on the UCET web site and for Platinum partners, their logo will be on volunteer t-shirts as well as the keynote slides.
- Platinum Partners may bring up to 2 signs (3X5 banners) or 2 pull up banners announcing their sponsorship of an event.
- Registration is made through EventBrite.
- A partner may register with a credit card, check, or P.O.
- Payment in full (or arrangement for such) of all applicable fees must be received prior to final application approval.
- If paying by invoice, payment is not received by the due date stated on the invoice, the booth/table/display area assigned to the partner will be cancelled.
- Returned Checks incur a $50.00 returned check fee. The replacement check must be a cashier’s or certified check for the entire amount due, including the returned check fee. If replacement funds are not received within seven (7) days, the application will be cancelled and the partner will not be allowed to participate in any UCET. The Conference Committee will be notified of bad checks or nonpayment and will decide on any further action.
- Any partner who owes the UCET money past the date of any event will be removed from the invitation list. This removal may be appealed to the UCET Partner Liaison only after restitution is made.
- Partners needing to cancel may do so at any time prior to January 31, 2022 and will receive 50% of their registration returned.
- Partners needing to cancel after January 31, 2022 may do so but will forfeit all registration costs.
If we must switch to a fully online conference, our partners will have additional options.
- You can stay at the same level of partnership and be refunded the difference between the in-person price and the virtual price.
- We can switch you to a different level of partnership and refund the difference between the two prices.
- We will work with partners that need to change their mind and need a refund.
- The money provided could be applied to the 2023 UCET Conference.
The bottom line is that we will work with you to make the best decision and to continue to have your support moving forward.
Code of Conduct
- Each partner company representative at any UCET event will behave in a professional, business-like manner.
- Rudeness or insulting behavior will not be tolerated from partner representatives or members. Infractions are to be immediately reported to the UCET Partner Liaison or another member of the Leadership Committee for resolution.
- No one may order anything in the name of the UCET for payment by the UCET unless authorized in writing to do so by the UCET Partner Liaison. Unauthorized ordering will result in permanent removal from the invitation list.
- A partner representative entering an event to which the partner is not invited or entitled to attend will be cause for removal from the invitation list and may be cause for ejection from all events.
- By responding to an invitation and making application to participate, the partner’s designated point of contact acknowledges that he/she has read these Policies and Guidelines and agrees that all representatives of the partner will abide by them.
Last Update 9/17/2021 CH