Reddit – Community Website on a Wide Variety of Topics
The website reddit.com offers community discussion on a wide variety of topics. One of the forum topics is called /r/IAma or “Ask me Anything.” This is where a celebrity, musician, actor, scientist, doctor, or anything of interest will get online for an hour or so and answer any question. This is a great opportunity for anyone to ask questions of people of interest and receive honest answers.
Some notable threads done within the last week are:
- Donny Osmond – http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2tbe5f/i_am_donny_osmond_ama/
- Colin Meloy of The Decemberists – http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2tb09u/good_morningafternoonevening_reddit_im_colin/
- Legally blind woman who uses technology to see – http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2t8qqj/iama_legally_blind_woman_that_uses_amazing_new/
- A Psychology Professor – http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2t72b8/im_sian_beilock_psychology_professor_at_the/
- 14 y/o Liberian Ebola Survivor – http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2t6qvw/iama_14yr_old_ebola_survivor_in_remote_liberia/
Some of the threads for the future include:
- Kyle Croxall and Crashed Ice Team (Extreme Winter Sports Athletes) Jan 25, 1 PM EST
- Jerry Springer and Steve Wilkos – Jan 26, 2PM EST
- Peter Oundjian and Jeff Melason (Conductor and CEO of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra) Jan 29, 11:45 AM EST
In order to comment and ask questions you need to have an account. If you wish to just observe and read the comments and answers no account is needed.
Post submitted by Kelson English, USU Student