Free Word Lens App – Translates signage into another language on the fly
iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/word-lens/id383463868?mt=8
Android (on Google Play) – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.questvisual.wordlens.demo&hl=en
See the world in your language: instantly translate printed words using your built-in video camera, in real time! (PLEASE NOTE: language packs must be purchased separately from within the app.)
Buy language pairs using in-app purchase (I noticed today all the languages are FREE to download!!!):
+ English ⇆ Russian
+ English ⇆ Portuguese
+ English ⇆ German
+ English ⇆ Italian
+ English ⇆ French
+ English ⇆ Spanish
Try out the included modes first so you can see the technology in action:
– Reverse Words (spell all words backwards)
– Erase Words (digital white-out)
Word Lens gives you translation on the go:
– NO NETWORK required – results appear immediately on your video screen when you need it, anywhere in the world.
– Easy to use, like the regular camera.
– Also look up translations by typing them in.
Get the best quality out of your translations:
– Best used on clearly printed text (e.g. signs, menus).
– Does NOT recognize handwriting or stylized fonts.
– It's not perfect, but you can get the general meaning!
– Keep text in focus by holding it at least one hand-length away
(or even further for iPod and iPad owners).
iOS device support:
*** iPhone 3gs and old iPod Touch do not have zoom or flash light features.
*** old iPod Touch and iPad 2 cameras do not have auto-focus feature, which will result in reduced translation quality.
Having trouble? We want to hear from you! Email us at: